- How many grams of Fiber should an adult male consume per day?
- Can you name all 5 food groups in order from largest to smallest?
- How many calories are in 1 gram of fat, 1 gram of Protein, and 1 gram of Carbohydrates?
- How much (in calories) does the average American overeat in a day?
- What is the maximum amount of salt (in milligrams) you should consume in one day?
- Name two foods that are considered to be complete proteins other than meat.
- How often are the Dietary guidelines used by the government revised?
- The Human Body is what percent Water?
- True or false: If you take care of your body and stay hydrated you are less likely to get sick.
- How many Glasses of water a day should an adult woman
For answers see the bottom of this post
- " An apple a day keeps the doctor away" was a phrase coined by Benjamin Franklin.
- The Average American only takes in 50-60% of their recommended daily fiber.
- The average adult consumes 3,000 calories and 229 grams of fat in one thanksgiving meal. A 160 pound person would have to run at a moderate pace for 4 hours, swim for 5 hours, or walk 30 miles to burn that off.
We could give you a thousand recommendations but the best place to go is myPlate.gov. A national website which helps you to create a dietary plan for your personal needs.
Quick Healthy Tips
- When purchasing bread remember Fiber is Important. Look for a minimum of 2 grams of fiber per slice.
- 5 a day is a good rule to live by. Fruits and vegetables contain essential nutrients for a healthy vibrant body and mind.
- Do your best to EAT your vitamins and not just take them. A well balanced diet that contains whole grains and whole fruits and vegetables will help you to absorb nutrients more efficiently.
- Know your limits. Knowing how much fuel your body needs will help you to maintain weight over a long period of time.
- Enjoy your food. Eating slowly can help prevent you from over eating because it helps you to recognize the signs of fullness sooner.
Answers to Quiz Questions
- Grain, Meat, Dairy, Vegetables, Fruit
- Fat - 9, Protein - 4, Carb - 4
- Between 500 - 1,500 a day. Studies show that a reduced calorie diet result in weight loss almost 99% of the time.
- 2,300mg or 1 tsp. of salt. One banquet frozen chicken dinner has 520mg of Sodium, a large McDonald's fry is 360mg.
- Quinoa and Soy beans. Edamame is a great quick delicious soy bean snack.
- Every 5 years
- 60 - 70%
- Between 2 - 3 liters